Pages

Monday 26 December 2016

Summer Blogging

Activity 2
Some families are very large and some are very small. Some of the smallest families are found in China where parents are allowed, by law, to have only one child. This is quite different from countries like America (U.S.A.) where some families have as many as 19 or 20 children. It is rare but it does happen!
In America, there is actually a family with 19 children who have their own television show called ’19 Kids and Counting.’ All 19 children have the same two parents (Jim Bob and Michelle) and every single one of the children has a name starting with the letter ‘J.’ The oldest children is a boy named Josh and the youngest is a girl named Josie. Amazing!
If you’d like to see a small clip from the show, follow this link: 19 Kids and Counting
Imagine that you were one of the Duggar children and you had 18 brothers and sisters. What do you think it would be like to have so many sisters and brothers living with you in one house? On your blog please tell us what you would like and what you wouldn’t like about living in such a large family.
If I had 18 brother and sisters,what I would like about it is that we can be one big happy family and I what I wouldn’t like about it is that when you have more than 10 people in your family it can get crowded and it can cause chaos.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Maris Stella! I expect that living with 10-20 other people would be completely chaotic! I grew up with only one sister so I had a relatively quiet childhood. Leigh (my sister) and I were really good friends so we were often playing together and having a great time.

    Some of our favourite games to play were tennis, basketball (we used to have a basketball hoop and take shots outside), house or school. Leigh would pretend to be the teacher and I would pretend to be a student and we'd play together. It was pretty fun...

    I hope that you and your family are having a great time playing together this holiday!

    Keep up the great work,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Maris-Stella,

    Wow I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like living with 18 brothers and sisters... Can you imagine what it must be like when everyone is getting ready for school at the same time?? Absolute bedlam!

    I agree with you, the plus side of being such a large family is that you would already have so many friends who love you and support you, which I think is awesome. Plus, with that many people you could even make your own family rugby team! Or two netball teams!

    Although I haven't watched the show, I imagine it must get fairly chaotic at times. I definitely agree with you there too! Two years ago for Christmas, I spent it with Bridget's family and there would have been about 30-40 of her extended family there? She has a much bigger family than I do, but I thought that was pretty hectic, while she thought it was fairly normal! So I guess you would get used to it :-)

    Cheers,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete